- Ensure efficient patient flow in examination, consultation and treatment rooms.
- Prepare patient rooms for office visit.
- Stock exam rooms and keep clinic rooms up to policy requirements.
- Clean examination rooms and perform imaging and image confirmation between patients.
- Provide information to patients as directed.
- Provide clinical assistance by taking vital signs, ekg, pulse ox and assisting patients.
- Operate and monitor patient care equipment.
- Office duties faxing, printing, online notes, phone calls, tracking external labs.
Medical Assistants are hired and assigned to a specific team but may be required to help cover other teams.
This may include PHO clinic or Infusion.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills demonstrated by performance evaluation in current position.
- Moderate standing/walking as well as lifting, positions, pushing and/or transferring patients
- Involvement of process improvement as described in the interview process.
- Strong accountability and follow through abilities.
- Adult infusion experience, Pediatric infusion experience and Clinical experience.
- American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA) Membership.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
Clinic is open to care for patients (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
40 hours / week, Monday through Friday
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.