How to Apply
- Graduation from an approved school for practical nursing is necessary.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Successful completion of a pharmacology course in an accredited program.
- Relates work and job purpose to UMHHC mission and commitment to putting patients and families first.
- Good attendance.
- Demonstrates effective communication that enhances productivity and builds respectful relationships. Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills. Shares relevant information.
- Demonstrates constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
- Demonstrates high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Demonstrates mutual respect and supports UMHS commitment to diversity.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, faculty, and staff by following established procedures.
- Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Accomplishes work in ways that maximize productivity and available resources while minimizing waste.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Recent (within last 5 years.) Ambulatory Care LPN experience.
- Recent (within last 5 years) Pediatric and/or OB experience.
- Knowledge and use of an electronic medical record e.g. MiChart.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of UMHS policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.