How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) is seeking an energetic, innovative, and technologically savvy information architect to join our data management team and help support staff in OEM units reimagine current operations and workflows leveraging modern technologies such as CRM. This new position will assist with designing systems and processes to help students, parents, staff, and other constituents find relevant information for purposes of undergraduate admissions, student financial aid, orientation, academic success, and other business areas. This work will be conducted in collaboration with the marketing and communications team within OEM and across all of the OEM departments.
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) furthers the mission of the University of Michigan by using a strategic and collaborative approach to recruiting and developing leaders and citizens who challenge the present and enrich the future. OEM carries out this work through four integrated departments that use data and analysis in innovative ways to inform decisions and develop processes that ensure the best possible experience for students, from prospect through graduation. These four departments include the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Office of New Student Programs, and Office of the Registrar. This role reports to the Director of Enrollment Research and Data Management and will collaborate closely with other members of the data management team, staff across OEM departments, and faculty and student partners.
60% - Solution and Information Architecture
- Research and analyze departmental needs, preferences, objectives, and methods. Study and understand how staff, students, and other audiences consume and act upon content across the enrollment lifecycle.
- Formulate innovative solutions to optimize enrollment processes utilizing CRM and other technologies.
- Translate OEM staff members' work and responsibilities to technology functionality.
- Utilize user behavior analytics to make enhancements to OEM workflows and strategies. Deliver regular reports and analyses on technology systems.
- Proactively look for opportunities to align technology as an enabler for business needs and capabilities (e.g., identify need for enterprise data warehouse, advanced analytics, etc).
- Create custom reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate closely with software developers, user experience designers, instructional designers, faculty, researchers, and students at the University of Michigan.
- Other duties as assigned.
30% - Project Management and Training
- Collaborate with the data management team and relevant OEM stakeholders to develop project management plans for enrollment technologies and maintain project timelines.
- Work closely with all OEM departments to assist in collaboratively managing a CRM system and other technologies, as assigned.
- Assist with CRM platform management tasks such as profiles / organization hierarchy design, user roles and permissions, system enhancements, customizations, and integrations.
- Develop and maintain business process documentation for CRM and other enrollment technologies.
- Conduct training sessions to implement new or improved systems and procedures.
10% - OEM Representation and Professional Development
- Represent OEM at relevant U-M meetings and professional organizations.
- Stay current with CRM and emerging enrollment technologies and best practices.
- Participate in appropriate relevant professional associations and venues.
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Professional experience in information architecture.
- Expert understanding of information structure, data gathering, user needs and behaviors, labeling techniques, and navigational systems.
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Demonstrated product and delivery experience across all tiers of information management solutions – from data sourcing to end-state delivery / consumption.
- Proven ability to leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Experience with issue tracking, feature requests, and relationship to project management.
- Experience with project management software (e.g., Trello, Jira, Smartsheet, Wrike).
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a diverse and collaborative environment.
- Expertise with the Technolutions Slate CRM.
- Prior professional experience with Oracle Campus Solutions architecture and PeopleSoft applications.
- Prior professional experience in undergraduate admissions and/or financial aid.
- Tableau Visualization/Analytics experience
- Business Objects design and reporting support
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL database platforms (e.g.: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle).
Excellent benefits are available. For details, see http://benefits.umich.edu/
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.