The Ambulatory Care Cadence Business Team has a position opening for a Business Systems Analyst Intermediate. This position supports patient scheduling (Cadence) throughout Michigan Medicine by analyzing, recommending, and implementing changes to scheduling templates; training clinic staff how to edit templates and submit template change requests; and supporting other Cadence functionality, workflow, and projects as needed.
- Performs workflow analysis of department and customer scheduling needs.
- Works collaboratively with customers to define scheduling requirements for specific clinics.
- Uses MiChart reports to make data-based recommendations on how to build scheduling templates to maximize utilization and patient access while meeting clinic-specific needs.
- Documents and translates requirements into proper system specifications.
- Analyzes requests to identify and recommend best use of Cadence functionality.
- Reviews, analyses and completes schedule change request (CSRs) in a timely manner.
- Trains clinic staff on template editor functions.
- Educates clinic staff on how to interpret and act on MiChart reports related to template build, utilization, and patient access.
- Ensures design and build is integrated with other applications and processes to support design decisions and facilitation of scheduling workflows.
- Documents and communicates policy and workflow changes to customers.
- Analyzes system enhancements and functionality changes to determine proper use.
- Recommends system enhancements that improve business efficiency.
- Acts as liaison between clinics and MiChart teams.
Bachelor Degree in Business or Health Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Demonstrated ability to facilitate team work necessary to leverage day to day operations. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, professional and communication skills. Must exhibit confidence in the facilitation of meetings, and conflict resolution. Must demonstrate excellent written, verbal, active listening and information technology skills.
Knowledge of the Michigan Medicine policies and procedures. Knowledge in patient scheduling, registration, consult/order workflows and MiChart reports.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.