Perform hematology, coagulation, and urinalysis testing in a busy, complex laboratory. Analyze, correlate and interpret test results to ensure validation of accurate patient results. Work collaboratively with others to report results in a timely, efficient manner and to maintain a positive work environment. Recognize problems and follow up appropriately. Follow quality control and quality assurance procedures. Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Perform lab and hospital designated competency assessments. Adhere to established laboratory procedures and policies. Participate in the continuous improvement process and continuing education for lab personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or biological science is required as well as certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist or eligible to be certified.
- Must have: the demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with other medical personnel in both verbal and written form; demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize work, and to exercise initiative in recognizing and solving problems. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- He/she will have the ability to work independently, be efficient and accurate in performing and reporting tests and possess excellent troubleshooting, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in Hematology and Coagulation is desirable.?
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Pro Iris, Arkray AU-4050, Sysmex and Siemens BCS analyzers.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.