Orientation includes a combination of classroom and precepted clinical experience.
Nursing Specific Info
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C,includes B.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Candidate must be a newly licensed Registered Nurse, who has not practiced or has less than one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Candidate must have completed a BSN program and have successfully passed N-CLEX exam.
- Senior level clinical experience, 1-2 semesters, in advanced nursing skills course (complex care, transition, internship, leadership) in a Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU, Acute Care Pediatric unit or ICU float pool.
- Externship experience in a Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU or Acute Care Pediatric unit.
- Significant work experience as a Nurse Aide/Assistant/ICU tech in a Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU or Acute Care Pediatric unit.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and organized
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills
Shift/Hours/Days: 12-hour (7pm to 7:30 am) permanent night shift assignments will occur after completion of the Nursing Practice Academy experience
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
NPA candidates will not be subject to a rate that is 5% lower than their established step rate for being in a formal training/internship program as per Para 295A-g and after completing the NPA, the CSR quarterly bonus would apply as per Para 185A.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.