Maintain the campus grounds environment in a safe, efficient, ecological, economical manner.
Full-time (Summer); Full or Part-time (During Academic School Year)
Monday- Friday, 7:30AM-4:00PM and includes a half hour unpaid lunch break. Weekends also available.
- Assist in lawn, tree, shrub, flower maintenance.
- Safe operation of a push mower, string trimmer, chain saw, utility cart, and road vehicles.
- Pick up litter and debris.
- Weed beds.
- Maintain irrigation system.
- Snow removal.
- Complete all assigned/related Grounds maintenance duties.
- Must be able to complete the required OSHA training.
- Must pass required MDOT Medical Surveillance.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities including, pushing, pulling, lifting, kneeling, reaching, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must possess a valid Michigan drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Available for work after normal hours for snow removal, campus emergencies, or project work.
- Possess a Pesticide Applicator Certification in CORE and 3b.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.