How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is responsible for the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of the department information systems and processes to optimize support for patient care delivery and the operational needs of the department.
- Analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Plans, designs, develops, implements, maintains, and evaluates systems and processes to support patient care delivery.
- Performs analysis of department and end-user business needs, documentation of requirements, and translation of requirements into proper system
- specifications utilizing their clinical background and knowledge of The Joint Commission requirements, other health care compliance regulations and
- electronic medical record.
- Using current and future end-user and business needs, develops procedures, and work flow to provide application solutions that support and improve operations.
- Effectively collaborates with nurses, physicians and other clinician users to ensure department and institutional goals are met.
- Participates in all activities with interrelated teams including project management, testing, support, training, technical, and interfaces teams.
- Using current and future end-user and business needs, develops the Home Medical Equipment system to accommodate the intake to billing work flow.
- Maintains continuity of data items between interfaced systems.
- Responds to request for end-user support and participates in system implementation.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains high level of knowledge for the Home Medical Equipment industry and all applicable payer and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the Home Medical Equipment information systems subject matter expert for the department and is the liaison to the vendor.
- Serves as a MiChart Super User.
- Provides comprehensive and effective training to department staff.
- Generates reports.
- Acts as the liaison with Health Information Technology & Services.
Patient and Family Centered Care*
- Actively engages the patient and family, as applicable, by exhibiting respect and dignity, sharing information in a timely and unbiased manner, and welcoming and encouraging participation to achieve shared decision making.
- Collaborates with other members of the team, including the patient and family, to achieve the ideal patient care experience.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant allied health discipline
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of home medical equipment and regulatory requirements
• Ability to travel from point A to point B throughout the workday as assigned
The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations: ability to work in a sedentary position for long periods of time, ability to communicate/exchange information, fine motor coordination/dexterity necessary for keyboarding or typing, and may require reaching, bending, twisting, stooping, moving about, lifting of up to 10 pounds, etc., with our without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
• Experience with EPIC
• Experience with Home Medical Equipment software, specifically Fastrack and Brightree
• Health Care Certification, i.e. CDME
• Experience with Home Medical Equipment billing
• Knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures
- Full Time
- Monday - Friday
2705 S. Industrial Highway, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.