Provide nursing care in a variety of Ambulatory Care settings with primary focus in the Internal Medicine and Surgery Clinics. Includes telephone/triage management, patient and family education, daily clinic operations management, assistance with procedures, functional supervision of assistive personnel and other responsibilities as requested.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C, includes B.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Experience in Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Telephone management experience
- Ambulatory Care Certification
- Broad range of clinical experience
- Experience as a float nurse
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability
- Demonstrated positive attitude, team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer proficiency
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to varying schedules and different work environments
- Demonstrated exemplary customer relations skills
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.