How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Function as part of a team to manage patient flow in a fast paced, outpatient clinic setting. Duties included but are not limited to the following: taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Maintaining, ordering, and stocking supplies for exam rooms
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Assist in complex procedures, requiring knowledge of complex and varied equipment including endoscopic equipment
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program or equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively within a team environment handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment. In addition, candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, proper telephone etiquette along with having a history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience with UMHS MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in an outpatient ambulatory care setting.
Monday-Friday 9-5:30 with some overtime possible
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.