Set up and operate heart surgery equipment during surgical procedures. Adjust and monitor equipment functioning to ensure patient safety. Operate heart/lung machine needed for complete or partial cardiopulmonary bypass or in cases of respiratory failure. Perform procedures utilizing the intra-aortic balloon pump, cell saver, ventricular assist devices and other equipment.
- Graduation from an accredited cardiovascular perfusion training program with certification, for certified position
- Certification eligibility (required certification within 3 years) for non-certified position.
- Knowledge of problem solving methods associated with the equipment, surgery, or patient's condition.
- Knowledge of anatomy, pathology, physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry, hematology, cardiology and surgery.
- Call commitment with a 30 minute response rate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Full Time.
- Day/Evenings, with call.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.