How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provide recruitment consultations to clinical and health research study teams, including feasibility assessments and recommendations for the development of tailored recruitment strategies.
- Participate in and support the implementation of tools, services & support to advance the Institutions mission to support the Clinical Trial Support Units with their participant recruitment needs.
- Responsible for developing and piloting initiative to improve marketing & advertising capabilities of study teams across campus by disseminating Canva software accounts for template marketing materials; provide training for, assign & maintain accounts to study teams.
- Consistently evaluates effectiveness, relevance and content of the Participant Recruitment Toolkit; assess and make revisions for improvements with limited oversight or direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop communications support to study teams to achieve participant enrollment goals by providing thorough review of UMHealthResearch.org study postings.
- Provide support to study teams in the development of effective multimedia content for targeted social media advertisements; compile reports and share analytics with study teams & insure proper billing.
- Effectively coordinate communications and Participant Recruitment marketing strategies with the IRB to ensure compliance with social media guidelines, best practices and ethical ramifications to advertising using social media.
- Work closely with other MICHR programs to insure that research faculty and staff are knowledgeable about recruitment services available to them. Assist other MICHR programs with faculty and staff trainings that pertain to recruitment and retention activities. Serve as a recruitment liaison to the MICHR Study Coordinator Network.
- Promote UMHealthResearch as a primary tool for research recruitment and conduct trainings to diverse University stakeholders. Assist as needed with UMHealthResearch inquiries from study teams and research participants.
- A bachelor’s degree in health sciences, marketing & advertising or a related field (e.g., public health, sociology, social work, communications) is required
- Experience in the conduct of clinical trials.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be proactive and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency at the intermediate level with Microsoft Office products (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Experience with reporting software and interpreting analytics.
- Knowledge of medical and research terminology.
- Demonstrated project, time management and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- A high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
- The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge in the principles and practice of clinical research recruitment in the University of Michigan Health System and the community. Three-five years of recruitment experience as a research study coordinator, preferably at the University of Michigan.
North Campus - Ann Arbor
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.