The Department of Internal Medicine is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant Senior to provide administrative support to the Department’s Senior Associate Chair for Undergraduate Medical Education. This support position provides comprehensive administrative support to the Senior Associate Chair and must partner and collaborate with the Clerkship Coordinator. This position also provides support to the Performance Improvement and Quality leadership team and periodically provides cross-coverage support to the Chairs Front Office Team. This position reports to the Chairman’s Office Supervisor, who directs and manages work assignments collaboratively with the Associate Chairs. The ability to work as part of a team is essential to the success of a person in this position.
- Coordinate complex paper calendar, schedule maintenance, meeting coordination, general administrative tasks and all projects involving Senior Associate Chair for Undergraduate Medical Education.
- Serve as a liaison with clinic nurse, appointment schedulers and ancillary staff relating to patient handling on behalf of the Senior Associate Chair for Undergraduate Medical Education.
- Coordinate numerous and complex meetings for Performance Improvement and Quality leadership team. May involve on-site or off-site locations as well as teleconferences.
- Initiate, compose, and edit correspondence regarding matters of a sensitive or confidential nature involving faculty, staff, house officers, and medical students as it relates to the Undergraduate Medical Education program.
- Coordinate departmental letters of recommendation for fourth year medical students entering residency programs.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, presentations, tables, along with spreadsheets and databases tracking of confidential student information.
- Organize travel arrangements, reimbursement and expense spreadsheets.
- Reconcile P-Cards expenses.
- Ability to coordinate catering for meetings, events, Grand Rounds, etc. as needed.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement initiatives on topics affecting the Front Office Team.
- Assist with Department’s annual Employee Celebration event held in April and Research Symposium event held in May.
- Cross cover colleagues within the Chair’s Office on an ongoing and as needed basis..
- Maintain and update procedure manual relevant to role.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chairman’s Office Supervisor.
- Associate degree or High School diploma and equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressively complex administrative assistant/related experience.
- Excellent professional writing skills; good grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficient in dictation and transcription, proofreading and editing.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve by exercising sound decision making and proposing logical and feasible solutions.
- Demonstrated track record for effective communication with all levels of the organization; ability to exercise discretion and judgment in matters of sensitive or confidential nature.
- Advanced level proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, Word; experience in effective learning of modern computer tools and programs.
- Appearance and conduct that represent the division in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Team oriented work style and communication approach.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize. Ability to take initiatives and thrive under pressure; flexibility to handle occasionally unforeseen urgencies.
- Professionalism; outstanding attendance record and excellent work ethic.
- Consistent track records of acting as a resource and positive role model for the workplace.
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in general studies or other business related fields.
- Knowledge of M-Pathways and the University business systems.
- Previous experience providing support to senior level faculty or leadership
8 am to 5 pm, M-F; occasional flexibility of work hours during work week may be necessary as dictated by business needs. This is a 40 hour/week position (1 FTE).
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.