How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Cell and Developmental Biology (CDB) is seeking a temporary Computer Consultant II/III (depending on experience) to work with our administrative team through August 31, 2017, with potential for a longer appointment. The IT area of the administrative team is responsible for updating the department website, digital signage, and social media accounts. This position would be responsible for website updates including the development of an intranet site and implementing new procedures to update the digital sign. There is also an opportunity for additional projects.
- Develop an intranet site and train other administrative staff on updating the site
- Continuous changes/improvements to the current CDB website
- Implement new procedures for updating the digital sign
- Assist with the moving of files between servers
- Develop a process to map drives for core imaged machines
- Other projects may also be assigned
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, Google Apps, and other collaboration platforms
- Strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read written technical instructions and implement
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS and XML/RSS
- Ability to organize complex file sets in logical filing systems
- Advanced use of Google apps suite including Google sheets and drive
- Knowledge of Google App Scripting including HTML templating engine
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with Drupal or similar CMS
- Understanding of Twitter bootstrap
- Understanding and development using RESTful API's
- Advanced used of Adobe Photoshop and slicing
- Use of Remote desktop and FTP clients
- Familiarity with Box.com developer SDK a plus
- Applescript and Active Directory Domain integration a plus
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.