How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Propagate and maintain inventories of clinical and environmental bacterial isolates
- Extract DNA, metabolites, and proteins from respiratory specimens
- Perform, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments using PCR, gel electrophoresis, and sequencing
- Recruit study subject candidate, assemble supply kits, process specimens, and maintain databases for clinical studies
- Upkeep of lab, including dishwashing, autoclaving, restocking supplies/reagents, and updating quality control records
- Train and supervise undergraduate research assistants
- Participate in lab meetings, including data presentation
Work in collaboration with Principal Investigator on other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in recognized field of science related to the position
- 1-3 years’ relevant laboratory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent attendance, ability to prioritize appropriately and exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated experience with environmental bacterial isolates
- Familiarity with University research administration, policies and procedures
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, references and performance evaluations
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.