How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provide moderately complex to complex technical support according to overall project goals as developed by Principal Investigator
- Perform a variety of experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Set up equipment and materials for experiments
- Assist in evaluating research methods, procedures, and techniques based on established objectives
- Provide assistance in manipulating, computing, and analyzing data
- Assist in report writing and participate in weekly laboratory meetings
- Maintain laboratory inventory and research equipment
- Assist in laboratory compliance with CLIA, OSHA, affirmative action and bio-safety requirements
- May assemble, test calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment
- Work in collaboration with Principal Investigator on other projects as needed
Note: This is a one year grant funded position and continuation of the position will depend on future grant funding
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, Western blotting and bacterial cloning.
- Comfortable with performing mouse experiments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in recognized field of science related to the position
- 1-3 years’ relevant laboratory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a collaborative member of our team
- Excellent attendance, ability to prioritize appropriately and exercise good judgment
- Experience with microscopy.
- Familiarity with University research administration, policies and procedures
Evidence of qualifications as provided by previous employment, references and performance evaluations are required.
This is a 1 year term-limited appointment. At the end of the stated term if the appointment is not extended, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.