To provide and promote exceptional customer service for referring physicians, patients and their families served at the Kellogg Eye Center.
- Provide check in and check out services to patients
- Provide phone coverage for call center in clinical area
- Schedule new and return visits determining appropriate subspecialty within a clinic based on symptoms described and urgency of the appointment request
- Schedule patients for consultations in other clinic diagnostic studies and ambulatory surgery, determining the sequence and coordinating times
- Instruct patients on preparations needed for appointments
- Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of medical and other professional staff
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion, insurance portion or professional courtesy
- Provide information to patients regarding billing procedures
- Determine the necessity within established guidelines for immediate attention conditions of an emergent nature
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily and making daily bank deposit
- File medical charts and document imaging
- Schedule patients for outpatient surgery
- Prepare charts for clinic visit
- Other duties as necessary.
- High school graduation or equivalent education and a minimum of 2 years of experience required.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff, and possess excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and availability to work a flexible work schedule are essential.
- Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling systems, basic computer applications, and multi-phone lines is desired.
- Knowledge of medical records, appointment scheduling systems and medical terminology preferred.
The ability lift and carry 20 pounds and climb stairs may be necessary dependent upon clinic location.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.