How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The Office of New Student Programs (ONSP) seeks an eager, qualified candidate to perform various administrative functions and provide support to multiple programs including but not limited to New Student Orientation. Exercising a high level of initiative, organizational skills and customer service with an ability to handle a wide variety of diverse tasks with accuracy are key characteristics of a successful candidate. This position reports to the Director of New Student Programs and works closely with unit program managers and HR/Budget personnel in the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM).
30% Administrative Office Support
- Provides administrative support to Director and full-time staff members. Assists with Director’s calendar and schedules meetings as requested.
- Maintains office/computer equipment and resolves maintenance issues.
- Coordinates seasonal office moves and ensures continuity of operations. Facilitates move for staff and collaborates with internal stakeholders such as ITS and Facilities.
- Coordinates and schedules vehicle rentals/bus charters for all programs.
- Manages office supplies and mail deliveries including large deliveries for Orientation.
- Updates unit organization chart, ONSP contact list and emergency contact cards.
30% Financial support, reconciliation and procurement
- Initiates journal entries for various ONSP programs to account for expenses incurred. Disburses program grants as appropriate.
- Reconciles daily Parent & Family Orientation Program revenue and completes deposits.
- Works with Shared Services Center to correct inconsistencies with data and complete journal entries. Refers staff and partners with Budget Analyst/Manager in OEM as necessary.
- Reconciles Statement of Activity.
- Assists with opening and processing gifts; manages gift accounts.
- Prepares, reviews and reconciles travel and expense reports for Director.
- Ensures credit card PCI compliance.
- Manages offsite storage location; reviews rental agreement and coordinates procurement details via U-M procedures.
25% Orientation Program Support
- Assists with New Student Orientation Registration and Check-In activities. Provides assistance for other ONSP events including Welcome to Michigan, Mentorship Kick-offs, International Orientation.
- Facilitates student account billings and serves as billing liaison for Conference Services.
10% Human Resources Support and Timekeeping
- In collaboration with OEM HR Manager/Generalist, manages hiring process for large volume of temporary and student employees to assist in various programmatic efforts.
- Assists with new employee onboarding - reviews Form I-9, arranges for computer equipment setup and requests appropriate access.
- Assists with temporary and student employee offboarding – processes temporary employee termination transaction and requests access removal.
- Processes People Pay and HR PAR transactions with Director/OEM HR approval.
- Monitors payroll and assists regular and temporary staff with time reporting within unit.
- Maintains static groups, reviews/approves time reports and investigates reporting errors.
5% Other duties
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least four years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative support in an academic/student services environment required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Microsoft Word and Excel. The successful candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills to navigate diverse programs and stakeholders. A high level of organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks, and balance multiple projects simultaneously are absolutely critical to success. Capacity to exercise initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and confidentiality with a positive service-oriented attitude.
Demonstrated knowledge of University of Michigan organization, policies and procedures.
Working experience with M-Pathways/Oracle and Business Objects.
Experience and enthusiasm for working with new students and their families; a commitment to collaborative team environments and diversity; and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Primary work schedule is M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. however position may require work during early mornings, nights and/or weekends.
Headed by the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) was established in the fall of 2014 and provides campus-wide leadership in executing the strategic recruitment, admission, enrollment, records management and student financial support functions for the university. OEM is committed to envisioning, creating, and sustaining an effort that will lead to the optimal academic, student, and staff experience through the development and implementation of data-driven strategies, collaborative partnerships, and sustained investments in technological resources and a talented and capable workforce. Our reporting units work strategically and synergistically in partnership with the undergraduate schools and colleges, leveraging expertise and best practices across the Offices of Admissions, New Student Programs, Financial Aid, and Registrar.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.