The Kellogg Eye Center is committed to providing outstanding customer service through its guiding principles of Caring, Teamwork, Integrity and Innovation.
Provide customer service to patients and referring providers through the facilitation of various call center functions including phone triage, maintenance of clinic schedules and appointments and health record management. Responds to a high volume of telephone inquiries following Michigan Medicine and departmental procedures
- Demonstrate service excellence in answering all calls.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide patients with information on necessary preparation or materials and documents needed for the appointment.
- Collect and update patient demographics, insurance and authorizations, referring and/or primary care physician information and other pertinent information.
- Initiate, route and follow-up on communications with clinicians regarding patient concerns using MiChart InBasket.
- Request and obtain accurate and timely health records from outside providers to support continuity of care.
- Prepare patient itineraries and assemble and mail patient information packets.
- Monitor Fax-Server.
- Monitor and manage Referral Work Queue.
- Image documents to the EMR.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Familiarity with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.