To aseptically compound, prepare, package, and label various pharmaceutical and ancillary medical supplies. Complete designated computer based record keeping and provide support assistance to the HomeMed branch staff in the areas of inventory control, shipping, receiving and delivery under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Complete order fill processing for internal/supply only orders. Complete order fill processing for prescription and enteral/supply orders. Provide order double checks for non-High alert orders. Participate in weekend, shift rotation and holiday staffing as assigned. Provide sick and vacation coverage as required.
- Learning area core competencies:
- Gather data for review by a higher level technician, Technician Coordinator, Pharmacist or Supervisor/Manager. Works dependently on area tasks with oversight or coordination of activities by a higher level technician, Technician Coordinator, Pharmacist or Supervisor/Manager.
- Able to perform the area Associate level pharmacy technician tasks and all of the following:
- Able to demonstrate competence and adherence to area core competencies. Interprets area data and assess out of range specs and initiate action per policy or escalate findings as appropriate to area Technician Coordinator, Pharmacist or Supervisor/Manager. Works independently on area tasks with oversight or coordination of activities by a higher level technician, Technician Coordinator, Pharmacist or Supervisor/Manager. Acts as a shadow partner for new hires. Perform area out of cycle work. Demonstrates an awareness and dedication to fulfilling of area objectives and productivity goals.
- Able to perform the area Associate and Intermediate level pharmacy technician tasks and all of the following:
- Able to demonstrate competence and adherence to area core competencies. Acts as a trainer and mentor for new hires. Participate in area workgroups or represent area in departmental committees. Identify and lead or organize area projects or initiatives. Investigate and summarize work process issues.
Graduation from high school or an equivalent combination of education and experience. State of Michigan Pharmacy Technician Licensure (Full). Current Pharmacy Technician Certification from PTCB. Proficient communication skills, including fluency in writing, reading, and speaking English. Proficient computer skills and literacy, including keyboarding and Windows-based programs. Proficient in basic mathematics. Able to perform a wide range of physical activities: prolonged sitting/standing/walking, lifting, pulling, bending and manual dexterity movements. Able to travel from point A to point B throughout the workday as assigned.
The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. This position requires knowledge and proficient use of computers and various computer applications. These duties require fine motor coordination/dexterity, the ability to grasp, vision with or without corrective aids adequate for fine motor tasks and computer skills. The position requires the employee to have the ability to sit for long periods of time. The job requires the physical demands of occasional lifting up to and including 50 pounds, reaching, pushing, walking, going up and down stairs, etc., with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
Experience in the home infusion pharmacy environment. Experience working in a team environment. Proficient in operating within Web-based and Windows environments with experience in use of the following software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
Days; hours of operation between 7am-7pm, days of operation Monday-Friday , (occasional Saturday - Sundays.)
This is a pharmacy technician position. HomeMed is located at 2850 S. Industrial Hwy. Suite 50, Ann Arbor.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.