How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
As a valued member of our administrative team, provide exceptional administrative support to anesthesia services leadership, providers and technical staff for routine needs and special project assignments.
Perform administrative/secretarial support: manage calendars, compose and deliver correspondence and meeting minutes, prepare documents, reports and presentations, coordinate communications, answer questions and email inquiries, provide telephone support, create brochures and fliers (print and electronic versions)/surveys, copy and collate materials, format and proofread documents, manage electronic and hard copy filing systems, and collect/reporting data/information as needed to support the productivity of the office Independently schedule work assignments, vacation selection, manage data logs, update rules and guidelines, coordinate schedules, overtime, manage call, and hospital business requests for all patient care providers. Provide support for the recruitment process which entails, scheduling/managing interviews, preparation of credentialing package, and/or tracking/renewal of licensure. Renew and maintain memberships to respective organizations. Process and travel and reimbursement through Concur. Order and manage radiation protection gear, dosimetry, and lab coats. Manage and support all provider compliance and departmental requirements, to include files and blue folders. Order and monitor supplies and commodity usage. Support nursing students as needed. Work to continuously improve all workplace processes with all process stakeholders. Support purchasing needs for the office, by creating/monitoring non-purchase order, P-Card/Concur system and Market Site transactions, per University of Michigan specifications. Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work at a high level of independence and support the efforts of the entire support staff team. Practice high standards of discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible administrative support experience.
- Two years experience in the use of Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated history of exemplary skills in interpersonal relations, teamwork, time management, interdisciplinary collaboration, customer service and ability to resolve issues in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability and willingness to serve diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and balance multiple projects with high-level accuracy in a deadline driven, fast-pace environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in anesthesia services in an academic medical center.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Excellent analytical, self-motivated and independent problem solving skills required.
- Prior M-Pathways Procurement and Concur system experience beneficial.
- Working knowledge of applicable University policies and procedures is preferred.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.