The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center - Parkland Plaza.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field?
• Ask and document the correct questions to verify patient.
• Share outstanding balance information to the patient and/or guarantor.
• Accompany patient to dressing area and give appropriate instructions.
• Accurately and efficiently schedule patients utilizing MiChart.
• Identify the best available appointment type to meet the patient and clinic needs and requirements
• Prepare paperwork for upcoming appointments.
• Call clinics for requisitions.
• Request and process all patient payments for outstanding balances.
• Accurately reconciles and balances receipts and payments collected.
• Request and return outside images.
• Accurately interpret reports and complete proper follow-up as indicated by the Radiologist.
• Accurately file charts according to numeric system.
• Prepare charts for upcoming appointments, ensuring all images and reports are available.
• Open daily mail and send to appropriate location.
• Transcribe outside orders and scan into system.
• Identify and accurately send all images and reports for image requests.
• Retrieve messages and return appropriate calls.
• Handle difficult conversations with patients and families.
• High intensity patient flow, must be compassionate and able to manage stressful situations.
High School diploma or equivalent. Basic computer skills. 2 years’ work experience in an office setting. Excellent customer service skills.
One to three years experience in a public contact setting; responsible office experience required, preferable in a medical setting. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
36 hours per week - days
West Ann Arbor Health Center - Parkland Plaza
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.