* Draw blood for pediatric and transplant patients through ports.
* Assist in training new phlebotomy staff to draw from ports on adult patients.
Nursing Specific Info
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing and posses current license to practice nursing in Michigan required.
* Previous LPN experience in a clinical setting.
* Experience in drawing blood from ports including Pediatric patients.
* Proven ability to multi-task and demonstrated experience with positive interactions in a team environment.
* Ability to be self-directed and flexible with task assignments.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Days/Shift: Day Shift; Mon-Fri
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.