The Assistant in Research will work with the staff of the newly formed UM-Flint EDA Center for Community and Economic Development on economic and business research, including a 7-County Business Climate Survey and an economic development asset mapping initiative. Students will also be working on creating content for a website/portal that will provide access to economic data and assist entrepreneurs and business owners in navigating the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Enrolled UM-Flint Student in Good Academic Standing
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently and take direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of economics and business concepts
- Interest on economic and business research
· Experience with Qualtrics software
Multiple positions available; UM-Flint students from all academic majors are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to students with a background in business, economics, and/or entrepreneurship.
These temporary positions are limited to UM-Flint students. The number of hours worked will vary according to specific assignments.
Grant funding for these positions is currently available through August 2017.