Assist physicians and nurses in a busy Pediatric and OB/Gyn clinic setting. Takes vital signs, prepares specimens, immunization and injections and administers meds and treatments as ordered. Ensure efficient patient flow to the examination rooms, assuring patient paperwork is complete. Obtains patient information and assists with patient call backs in regards to prescription refills. Cleans and stock exam rooms. Performs other miscellaneous duties as appropriate for delegation by RN staff or Manager.
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Must have good attendance and exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team setting.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Previous Pediatric/ObGyn experience preferred.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Variable shift/hours/days: 40 hours, Monday - Friday with Saturday rotation. Variable hours, 7:00am - 6:00pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.