We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at he FCVC.
- Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to reasonable conclusion.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and plan staffing consistent with needs of patient population and budgetary requirements, accounting for growth within the Frankel CVC Clinics and Call Center.
- Provide management and leadership for the clerical staff in Frankel CVC Call Centers (both locations NCAC and FCVC). Perform all aspects of role including hiring, orientation, continuing educational opportunities, discipline, performance evaluations and recommendations for salary program.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of clerical workload measures: plan, design and review work; implement best practices for process improvement, improved efficiency/productivity, and revenue generating opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the Frankel CVC faculty, advanced practice providers and staff to systematically review, recommend and implement grid/scheduling changes or improvements.
- Plan and control expenditures and participate in the monitoring of commodity and staff budgets to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Collaborate with medical, nursing, administrative and support staff to plan, coordinate and evaluate unit quality assurance activities for the Frankel CVC Call Centers.
- Maintain unit compliance with federal and state regulations regarding affirmative action, safety and patient care. Additionally, must provide unit compliance with UMHS policies and procedures including annual mandatories.
The Frankel CVC Call Centers schedule for eight (8) cardiology sites, supporting 170 providers. Specialties include genetic counseling, social work, nutrition, multidisciplinary programs (TAVR, PAD, Venous), Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Neurology Stroke, General Cardiology, Heart Interventional Cardiology, Endocrine at Domino Farms, Metabolic Syndrome program, Lipid and Hypertension Programs. They also schedule testing at six (6) sites for Echo, treadmill, including VO2 and Dobutamine echo, EKG, Holter and Ambulatory BP monitors.
Supervision Received: Direct supervision is received by the Administrative Manager for the Frankel CVC Clinic.
- Bachelor degree in Health Services Administration, Public Health or related area.
- Two to five years of supervisory/leadership experience in a call center setting and/or equivalent setting.
- Demonstrated ability to promote professional working relationships with faculty, advanced practice providers, administrators, peers and staff, including outstanding communication skills and demonstrated advanced leadership skills.
- Demonstrated team building, conflict resolution, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
- Two or more years of experience in an ambulatory care setting, including clinics/physician offices, or similar setting.
- Two or more years of experience in a cardiovascular service line.
- Experience working with a variety of roles, including faculty, advanced practice nurses, RNs and clerical/administrative personnel.
- Knowledge of University policies, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of Aspect phone system.
- Knowledge of University systems, including MiChart/Cadece (EPIC), Careweb, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.