Function as part of a team to manage research participants in a diabetes screening study of children ages 8-17 years old. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic and patient-oriented individual who will help us in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Assist physician and research staff in a busy Pediatric and outpatient research setting, including:
- Efficient patient intake, information gathering
- Performs medical intake including vital signs
- Inserts IV and performs phlebotomy services
- Collects blood/plasma samples for patients across multiple time points
- Administers glucola drink to participants
- Removes IV properly
- Documents research visit activities and outcomes in electronic medical record
- Ensures efficient patient flow
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as appropriate
Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Must have good attendance and exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
Previous Pediatric experience preferred. Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
Variable shift/hours/days including Saturdays. Estimate 15-20 hours per week.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.