Center for Health Communications Research: chcr.umich.edu
Who we want:
Looking for a technology focused Project Manager with experience working with multidisciplinary agile teams. The project manager will lead a team in health research projects utilizing innovative technologies and communication. A successful Project Manager is detail oriented and work well with a group of people who have a wide variety of skills and diverse backgrounds.
What we do:
CHCR has been conducting research in individually tailored health communications since 1995. We've developed over 100 interventions covering a broad variety of health topics, audiences, settings, and technologies.
Who we are:
Every project includes a team member from Project Management, Creative Design, Software Design, and Behavioral Science. Most of the staff have worked together for many years, and have a shared knowledge base and language. The team's experience and wide range of disciplines foster innovative ideas, creative solutions to obstacles, and unique perspectives.
What we're like:
We value respect, competence, trust, gratitude, integrity, flexibility, diversity, and collaboration. We appreciate the challenges and opportunities of developing technical innovations within a large university health environment and realizing the potential to fundamentally change national health outcomes. It's common to see groups working together on clever technical solutions, elegant designs, and compelling language; meetings on treadmills; Hawaiian shirts; people appreciating each other; important questions being asked and equally important answers being found; intense focus; intense laughter; and people who genuinely love what they do.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project schedules, work plans, and timelines, and determine resources needed to meet goals and deadlines.
- Monitor status of projects to ensure completion of milestones from initiation to delivery, and keep leadership informed of any deviations.
- Prepare reports, presentations and correspondence related to project work for management review utilizing reporting tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, and others as identified.
- Manage milestones and deliverables in an agile environment.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Proactively identify and raise issues and make recommendations, before such information is requested.
- Facilitate team meetings.
- 2-4 years working experience in project management in the technology sector
- Bachelor’s degree
Associate Level :
- 1-2 years working experience in project management in the technology sector
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Required Qualifications :
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of JIRA and QA practices
- Project Management / Agile Certifications
- Experience with institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Experience working in an academic setting
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
We are located at the NCRC building 16. North Campus.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.