A COVER LETTER MUST ACCOMPANY THE RESUME. THIS IS FOR EXPERIENCED HEALTHCARE INDIVIDUALS AND IS NOT FOR THOSE WANTING A FINANCIAL POSITION.
The DMEPOS/Clinical Auditor is responsible for the oversight of internal reviews supporting the organization’s adherence to the applicable government and commercial payer regulations and internal policies. Under general supervision, the DMEPOS/Clinical Auditor monitors and evaluates program areas within the Michigan Medicine with a goal of regulatory compliance and continuous quality improvement. The primary focus for the position will be at MedEquip, the health system’s home medical equipment and respiratory provider. The DMEPOS/Clinical Auditor is responsible for conducting internal compliance audits to review specific functional areas for compliance with applicable regulations, policies, procedures and Compliance Program requirements.
Specific Job Duties:
- Participate in develop and execution of an annual internal compliance auditing and monitoring work plan based on identified risk areas.
- Lead activities that include, but are not limited to coordinating audits; conducting and reporting on investigations; monitoring corrective actions; maintaining a system for documenting compliance activities and leading and performing special projects.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of various service programs; develops and recommends new/revised procedures and/or corrective action plans to resolve identified issues.
- Perform all assigned audit field work including creating and organizing all related audit work papers, audit results and performing follow-up.
- Partners and collaborates with other departments in the organization to further compliance objectives.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills are required with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and externally.
- Ability to solve problems independently and in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Information/Administration, Nursing or other clinical related field. Law degree may be substituted for specified degree.
- 5 - 6 years’ experience in legal, regulatory and/or compliance in an academic healthcare setting with direct experience in understanding and implementing government regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance, auditing and monitoring techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of government and commercial payer regulations as they relate to DMEPOS.
- Licensed RN or JD preferred
- Candidate will possess a working knowledge of Michigan Medical’s policies and procedures, its business processes, policies and procedures, governance practices, and regulatory requirements so as to effectively conduct audits and monitoring reviews for various Departments throughout the institution.
- Has the ability to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of responsibilities.
- Must be flexible and able to change priorities quickly with the capacity of handling multiple tasks.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.