ALL RESUMES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER. THIS IS FOR EXPERIENCED HEALTHCARE INDIVIDUALS AND IS NOT FOR THOSE WANTING A FINANCIAL POSITION.
The Clinical Auditor is responsible for the oversight of internal reviews supporting the organizations adherence to applicable government regulations and internal policies. Under general supervision, the Clinical Auditor, monitors and evaluates program areas within the University of Michigan Health System with a goal of regulatory compliance and continuous quality improvement. The Clinical Auditor is responsible for conducting internal compliance audits to review specific functional areas for compliance with applicable regulations, policies, procedures, and Compliance program requirements. Perform special investigations or other projects supporting affiliate and subsidiary management at the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer or Audit Program Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care, Health Care Information/Administration, Nursing, or other clinical related field. Law degree may be substituted for specific degree.
- 3- 5 years experience in legal, regulatory and/or compliance in an academic healthcare setting with direct experience in understanding and implementing government regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance, auditing and monitoring techniques.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written, verbal, and presentation skills are required with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organizations and externally.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology. ICD and CPT coding and medical billing processes.
- Licensed RN or JD preferred.
- Candidate will possess a working knowledge of UMHS policies and procedures its business processes, policies and procedures, governance practices, and regulatory requirements so as to effectively conduct audits and monitoring reviews for various Departments throughout the institution.
- Has the ability to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of responsibilities.
- Must be flexible and able to change priorities quickly with the capacity of handling multiple tasks.
- Has a working knowledge of the best business processes, governance practices, and regulatory requirements so as to effectively conduct audits and monitoring reviews for various Departments throughout the institution.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.