How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Office of University and Development is seeking an Event Services Assistant for a series of deadline-driven projects in conjunction with activities and events surrounding the University of Michigan 2017 football season.
- Payment Processing
- Database navigation
- Front-line customer service via phone and email
- Shipping arrangements
- Copy editing, formatting, and proofreading
- Preparation of suite briefings
- Associate’s degree of equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two years of clerical and/or customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality
- Must be flexible with work hours and scheduling
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Great customer service
- Commitment to quality and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
- Ability be adaptive and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with credit card processing
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), including experience with mail merge
- Database experience preferred, but not required
- Proficient at use of internet search platforms, Google Chrome, gmail and Google Drive
This is a temporary, part-time position.
Assignment duration: June 5, 2017 – November 29, 2017 (possible extension through January 5, 2018).
20-25 hours/week, Monday – Friday
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.