How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Position reports to the Quality Improvement Program Manager to provide advanced administrative support to the Anesthesiology Quality Improvement Program and staff - a busy and demanding clinical support team. Responsibilities will include coordinating travel, maintaining busy calendars, and prepare itineraries; assisting in poster preparation for scientific presentations as well as preparing PowerPoint presentations.
Position provides project management support involving: high-level, confidential communication and data handling; report and schematic creation/editing; and meeting coordination. Appointment will also assist with regulatory accreditation preparedness and awareness and patient safety assurance by effectively managing multiple databases, responding to inquiries and complaints regarding matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, supporting multiple faculty-led committees, and managing and updating departmental communication and team management via MS SharePoint and MS Dreamweaver web content.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of two years full-time administrative assistant experience is required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate excellent judgment in problem solving when developing daily work priorities.
- The applicant must have strong ability to work independently, multitask deadlines and work collaboratively with others.
- Advanced experience in performing and prioritizing multiple computer based tasks is necessary.
- Must have effective communication skills, relate positively with community and communicate with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite – PowerPoint, Word, Excel. Above all, candidate must bring sense of continuously improving and contributing to overall objectives of the team.
Data analysis/graphing and Microsoft SharePoint experience desirable, as well as previous experience assisting with strategic communication preparation, proofing and editing.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.