The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology in the Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Clinical Subjects Associate. The selected individual will work in partnership with Division clinical faculty and research staff. This position supports translational research in asthma, cystic fibrosis and other diseases.
General functionality: Screens recruitment of subjects, schedules trial related procedures, and collects, processes and analyzes clinical trial data. Collects specimens and monitors subjects. Assists in the reporting of test results.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Screen patients for enrollment
- Obtain informed consent
- Coordinate patient scheduling
- Administer patient surveys, case report forms
- Enter, verify, and correct data collected on or from clinical subjects into various clinical trial databases.
- Perform spirometry, collect nasal mucus or sputum for analysis. This may require travel to subjects’ homes.
- Process biospecimens
- Submit protocols to the Institutional Review Board for approval or revision
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelors Degree in a health science discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in study management of clinical subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines in the management of clinical subjects.
- Good working knowledge and previous experience with standard computer programs, such as: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
- One or more years research experience
- Functioning automobile with insurance for home visits
40 hours, full-time. Usually Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but may require after hours travel.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.