How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is seeking a highly talented and energetic customer service representative. The customer service representative interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries and concerns and requests about tickets to the Athletic Department events and activities. This individual is responsible for providing public relations and administrative support to the Athletic Department Ticket Office and communicates and coordinates with other internal offices.
- Responds promptly and professionally to inquiries, requests, and complaints from season ticket holders, donors, alumni, students, faculty and staff and the general public.
- Provide general and specific information regarding tickets, parking, disability accommodations and other matters surrounding all athletic events.
- Act as a representative of the University and Athletic Department at various home athletic events.
- Provide game day assistance to individuals with disabilities and coordinate high volume ticket distribution areas.
- Handle orders for season tickets, single game tickets and parking requests.
- Process payments and coordinate disposition of items.
- Coordinate large volume mailings.
- Establish and maintain databases for season ticket waiting lists, information requests, and parking.
- Process and balance financial transactions for ticket and parking sales.
- Generate batch reports for University audit and prepare cash deposits.
- Respond to customer complaints and inquiries from customers with disabilities and determine appropriate solutions in consultation with a manager.
- Manage multiple administrative duties while responding to phone, e-mail, and personal contacts
- . This position occasionally requires evening or weekend hours with advance notice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and previous customer service or ticket office experience.
- Must possess the ability to effectively respond and attend to customer needs.
- Must be able to professionally and effectively resolve customer complaints.
- Must be fully committed to delivering an Exceptional Guest Experience for every customer.
- Knowledge of the Athletic Department, Big Ten, and NCAA general policies and procedures.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills; attention to detail and accuracy; outstanding customer service orientation; adaptability; initiative; and stress tolerance.
- Must be able to establish, foster, and maintain positive working relationships with all team members including staff, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Must be able to move or position items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Paciolan experience desired
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.