How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position reports directly to the University of Michigan Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs and Dean of the University of Michigan Medical School. Interested candiates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest.
Performs advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, skill, discretion and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and coordinates related arrangements for the EVPMA/Dean.
Composes and may initiate routine correspondence and memoranda. Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. Reviews and proof-reads all correspondence and documentation requiring the EVPMA/Dean’s signature.
Manages and routes as appropriate incoming mail and correspondence.
As the executive assistant to the EVPMA/Dean, resolves routine and complex inquiries.
Triages telephone calls and visitors.
Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
Assists in the preparation of monthly Regents Meeting materials.
Tracks and prepares EVPMA/Dean meeting materials for daily activities.
Develops and maintains close and collegial relationships with Regents, the University of Michigan Executive Officers and staff.
Schedule and manage travel for EVPMA/Dean including preparation and coordination of materials for travel and expense reports.
Assist in the preparation of yearly review meeting materials for department chairs and direct reports.
As part of the EVPMA/Dean team, manage and evaluate invitations/speaking requests.
Coordinates and/or participate in the coordination of seasonal events such as commencement activities; town hall meetings; recognition events; holiday cards; and social gatherings.
Utilizes the assistance of one or more lower level assistants on a project basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in an executive and academic office.
- As the front face for the EVPMA/Dean’s office, the candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates outstanding judgment with attention to detail and follow up.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products and other office software is required.
- Demonstrated success in working in a high-paced, team-based environment handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Reliable and punctual; ability to flex schedule as needed is desired.
- Knowledge of university personnel, policies and procedures is highly desired.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.