How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The incumbent will perform behavioral research and associated research support activities involving human subjects, as a member of Basic and Applied Cognition Laboratory study team.
This position begins with a part-time schedule transitioning to full-time in September.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the conduct of human subject data acquisition in behavioral experiments conducted with children and young adults
- Assisting in training and coordinating undergraduate research assistants and temporary staff in the collection, processing, storage, and analyses of behavioral data using Microsoft Excel and statistical software (E-Prime, SPSS, R, Visual Basic, Matlab)
- Assisting in the design, development, and documentation of study-specific experimental methodologies
- Training and coordinating undergraduate research assistant and temporary staff accordingly in human subject testing activities as well as associated recruitment efforts and literature searches
- Working efficiently on conducting associated literature searches and analyses
- High School diploma or Associate's degree
- 1 year of experience
- Experience or rapid facility for learning prescribed research software products
- Ability to adapt education and skills to perform entry-level human subject research testing in behavioral studies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently once trained
- Must be flexible with schedule as data collection may continue into the evening
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of experience in cognitive psychology/neuroscience
- Previous research and/or cognitive psychology or cognitive neuroscience lab experience
- Experience working with children
- Interest in working with children with ADHD
This position will be filled at either the Associate or Intermediate title depending on the experience of the selected candidate.
The target salary range is $27,000 - $35,000. Salary will be commensurate with prior experience. Please note that this position is term-limited to 4 years.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.