How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
Please note, there are two 6-month vacancies. One position is expected to start in early August and one is expected to start in late August. Each annual appointment will be for a total of 6 months (26 weeks), the remaining 6 months will be an unpaid seasonal leave of absence.
Salary: Full-time equivalent rate of $26,000 annually or $13,000 for 6 months.
Process and record the receipt of supporting documents received on-line and hard copy as well as enter data for 60,000+ undergraduate applications into the database in a timely and efficient manner. The application will then be reviewed by the Recruitment Team with the end result of enrolling an exceptional freshman and transfer class. Also, this position will provide general office support to other processing areas.
Under the general supervision of the a Processing Supervisor:
- Perform general data entry, document management and clerical functions relative to undergraduate admissions with 95% or higher accuracy using multiple document formats and M-Pathways student module information system, ImageNow system and workflows.
- Code, interpret and enter moderately complex data for prospective applicants.
- Make decisions related to the appropriate routing of materials and relative information requiring consideration of multiple variables.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from staff, students and applicants.
- Provide general office support to other processing areas.
High school diploma with some college level courses; data entry experience with 40-45 wpm accurate keyboarding skills. Ability to pass a standard math test with a score of 70% or better. Familiarity/experience with using Windows-based computer programs; proficient and comfortable with working independently on computers and with a variety of applications. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets and querying software. Demonstrated maturity and ability to make decisions regarding handling procedures for applications and related materials; ability to work independently and to interact with administrative staff, managers, students, parents and other internal and external customers. Reliable and detail oriented.
Associates or bachelor degree; UM M-Pathways experience with the CSPROD student module, Business Objects, PeopleSoft querying software, ImageNow system and workflows. Some knowledge or familiarity with MS Access program. Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Some knowledge of USPS and general mailing practices.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.