The Comprehensive Wound Care Clinic is located at Domino’s Farms. The patient population is complex with generally high-acuity. Many patients are wheel-chair bound. Care is individualized and specialized. The Clinic patient satisfaction scores are consistently in the 94-97th percentile. The Wound Care Clinic patients are seen routinely, therefore, the all staff works to build respectful relationships with patients and their caregivers.
The Wound Clinic MA Senior coordinates the work of the others and is the lead of 5 MAs and three LPNs. Responsiblities for this position include:
- Daily functional supervision to ensure optimal clinical flow.
- Provides interpretation and instruction for policies, procedures and practices.
- Creates and maintains work schedules, approves time off requests, reviews timesheets for accuracy and assists with performance evaluations for other Medical Assistants.
- Provides in-service training, acts as a preceptor and coaches performance of other Medical Assistants.
- Participates with leadership team to ensure effective clinical operations.
- Promotes and facilitates positive communication with the entire health care team.
- Performs and assists with clinical procedures and duties.
- Provides self-management and care coordination for patients with complex illnesses to optimize the patient’s health status.
- Assists the provider with wound debridement and supports patients where needed.
- Performs general office support services within the Wound Care Clinic.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant program, or an equivalent combination of education and 5+ years' of experience.
- Experience working as a team lead.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- This position requires moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring of patients.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willingness to work together with a multidisciplinary staff to achieve exceptional patient care.
- Good attendance. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Effectively builds respectful relationships within and between units and among individuals.
- Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Continuously tracks the clinic patient flow and identifying holdups and notifying patients if the schedule runs behind.
- Ability to collaborate with nursing and provider staff to ensure optimal patient care.
- Actively participates in clinic and/or staff meetings.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Maintains current competencies and mandatory training. Attends mandatory clinic and hospital training programs.
- Relates work and job purpose to the Michigan Medicine mission and commitment to putting patients and families first.
- Seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, faculty, and staff by following established procedures and protocols as appropriate by job function.
- Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Accomplishes work in ways that maximize productivity and available resources while minimizing waste.
- Fosters mutual respect and supports the Michigan Medicine commitment to diversity.
- Certification as a medical assistant
- Experience working as a team lead in ambulatory care setting.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with MiChart (EPIC) electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- 8 hour days M-F.
- Days with ability to flex hours between 7:15 AM and 6:45PM.
- Expected to work until 6:30/6:45 PM 2-3 nights per week
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.