How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This role will provide advanced project management services for perioperative quality and safety leadership and staff. Skilled, complex, project and task management involving: high-level communication; confidential data/information handling; training curriculum development and coordination; instructional material design and production, PowerPoint presentations. In all efforts, individual will effectively establish and monitor project charters, team deadlines, and stakeholder communication. Position will also assist with regulatory accreditation preparedness and awareness, effectively manage multiple databases, respond to inquiries and complaints regarding matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, answer to multiple large faculty-led committees, manage and update web content, coordinate implementation efforts in complex clinical environments with multiple constituents, conduct root cause analysis and incident follow-up.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience is required.
- A minimum of two years full-time project management experience is required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate excellent judgment in problem solving when developing daily work priorities.
- The applicant must have strong ability to work independently, multi-task deadlines and work collaboratively with others.
- Advanced experience in performing and prioritizing multiple computer based tasks is necessary.
- Must have effective communication skills, relate positively with community and communicate with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite – PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Data analysis/graphing and Microsoft SharePoint experience desirable.
- Applicant should have previous experience assisting with strategic communication preparation, as well as proofing and editing.
- Above all, candidate must bring sense of continuously improving and contributing to overall objectives of the team.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.