Assist animal care staff in tasks related to supporting the facility upkeep. Position used in a time of being short staffed in the Animal Care Technician job class. Responsibilities will be directed by Supervisor , Technician Senior or Lead.
Tasks could include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning equipment locating inside animal rooms
- Sweeping/mopping and sanitation of animal rooms
- Trash removal
- Changing paper liners in animal cages
- Prepping and organizing supplies in response to rodent health management procedures
- Stocking supplies into animal rooms and taking inventory of items needed
- Sort mail and supplies sent between buildings
- Transport equipment within buildings
- Transferring animals into clean cages
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to function positively both independently and in a team setting.
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work between a level of 8” above the floor and up to 7’ above the floor. Requires pushing and pulling of equipment weighing up to 1,000 pounds and performing repetitive motions over extended periods of time. Requires considerable use of arms, legs and activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and the handling of materials which may weigh as much as 50 pounds.
Hands-on animal experience at a farm, pet store, zoo, veterinary hospital, animal rehabilitation center, or through animal-related course work, etc.
Position would be Monday – Friday 6am – 3pm not to exceed 28 hrs/week.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.