Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager-compose and edit correspondence regarding matters of a sensitive or confidential nature, represent the unit on routine administrative matters, including the attendance of periodic meetings, compile special and periodic reports charts and graph under direction of department management, maintain the calendar of the Administrative Manager and Medical Director, including exercising judgment on setting priorities for the effective use of the Managers time. Set up or revise departmental office procedures and accounting records. Assist in the resolution of departmental operating problems, prepare meeting agendas and minutes. Process and reconcile various financial transactions including the placement of orders via P-Card and Purchase Order, process Non-PO vouchers and travel/hosting expense reports. Process and maintain accurate payroll and human resources records.
Miscellaneous-other tasks as assigned by administrative manager medical director
- High school diploma, Associate degree and/ or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of staff and faculty.
- The ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize, follow through on job responsibilities and manage multiple tasks in a busy heath care environment.
- Display leadership through problem solving and be team oriented.
- Two to four years of administrative assistant experience is necessary.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and have excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MiChart Dashboard/Reporting, Calendar software, as well as other database or similar applications. Strong customer service focus.
- Must maintain excellence attendance and time management skills.
- Considerable knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
- Health Center experience.
- MiChart. Strong computer experience
Hours will vary from 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
Taubman Center-General Medicine-3rd floor, reception B
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.