Seeking a highly motivated laboratory technician to join a diverse lab focused on molecular techniques in neuroscience.
This job will require supporting pre-existing experiments that may include cryosectioning both human and rodent brain tissue with subsequent in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry and/or classical histological staining methods. Implementation of radioactive S35-labeled cRNA riboprobes as well as RT-PCR methods for quantitative analysis. Assist with the organization and maintenance of the laboratory while ensuring general lab safety, compliance and additional laboratory support as needed.
- Assoc Degree and 1-3 years experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technically meticulous and highly organized team player
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ethical behavior, good judgment and common sense
- Proficiency in sterile techniques, molecular biological techniques, basic microbiological skills as well as general lab techniques.
- Willingness to learn established protocols
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.