How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
A unit of the Office of Student Affairs in the College of Engineering, the Office of Recruitment and Admissions (ORA) is responsible for the College's undergraduate recruitment programs and activities; ORA staff support prospective students and their families through the college selection and application processes.
The Recruitment and Admissions Administrative Assistant supports ORA by:
- Coordinating logistics (room reservations, catering, response management, etc.) for campus tours, recruitment programs, meetings, and events.
- Assisting ORA staff and select prospective students with travel arrangements for recruitment programs and activities.
- Providing data tracking, communication and support for HAIL, the College's alumni recruitment program.
- Supporting the Credit Evaluator in the Office of Student Affairs by triaging the receipt of transcripts for current students, scanning all transcripts, entering all transcripts received into M-Pathways, and maintaining hard copy files during the current semester.
- Serving as the initial point of contact for prospective students and visitors to ORA.
- Assisting ORA staff in responding to phone and email inquiries.
- Providing general administrative support to ORA staff, including expense documentation and reconciliation, management of office mail, and maintenance of office supplies and publications.
- Performing other duties as assigned to support ORA and the Office of Student Affairs.
Bachelor's degree, experience providing administrative support, strong written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail; familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Apps; ability to represent the College of Engineering and the Office of Student Affairs with a strong, student-centered ethic.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.