How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Assist with various call center tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Work in the Otolaryngology call center 24-40 hours a week and perform various tasks based on the days staffing needs.
- Manage outbound and inbound phone calls
- Assist with Clinic Closures
- Assist with fax server
- Work on referral queue
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Call Center experience required
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, and punctuality
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians and peers.
- Must have call center experience
Michart experience preferred
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.