- Vacuum floors.
- Dust mop floors.
- Wet mop floors.
- Empty and sanitize receptacles following all safety guidelines for handling of waste.
- Clean chalkboards and erasers.
- Hand dust furnishings and assorted surfaces.
- Clean mirrors, interior glass, and entrance way glass.
- Clean and restock restrooms.
- Scrub shower room walls and floors.
- Spot wash walls.
- Sweep and wet mop stairs and clean stair risers.
- Dust stairway hand rails.
- Clean cigarette urns.
- Wash toilet partitions.
- Clean window wells.
- Dust venetian blinds.
- Move and arrange furnishings within rooms for cleaning purposes.
- Fill soap dispensers.
- Move cleaning equipment and supplies between floors.
- Collect lost and found items and report them to supervision.
- Spot clean carpet stains.
- Unplug commodes, urinals, and drains without dismantling fixture.
- Report items in need of repair.
- Clean and polish stainless steel and brass.
- Clean elevators and tracks.
- Remove graffiti and flyers from walls.
- High dust vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Clean telephones.
- Disinfect exam tables.
- Police grounds building entrance ways by performing such duties as picking up paper and trash, and sweeping as necessary.
- Open and lock building/rooms according to schedule.
- Transport waste material to central locations.
- Turn on and off lights and equipment in rooms, as needed.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies according to instructions.
- Remove snow from entrances and spread ice melt as needed.
- Perform all duties in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Report all work related accidents or illnesses immediately.
- Interact with building occupants on behalf of Plant Building & Ground Services.
- Report unauthorized people in the buildings and any other security problems to the Department of Public Safety.
- Interact in a responsible manner with Supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Candidate will be expected effectively move/adjust equipment and furniture of various shapes and sizes.
- Candidate will be expected to effectively clean/maintain areas that are located in various positions, including several feet off the floor, close the floor, and under/around obstacles.
- Candidate will be expected to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and facility managers.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must have at least a GED or High School diploma.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.