The Pediatric Weight Management Clinic is seeking a Registered Dietitian (RD) to be a part of a multidisciplinary clinical team to assess, evaluate, and plan nutrition needs of pediatric weig manaement patients. The RD will also educate, design, and implement individualized dietary treatment regimens for patients in the Adolescent Bariatric Surgery Program. Sessions with patients and families will primarily be individual, but may include some groups.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nutritional Science with emphasis in health behavior, human clinical nutrition, and/or research techniques.
- Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Requires primary source verification.
- Experience with pediatric outpatient medical nutrition therapy, including medical nutrition therapy for weight management.
- Experience with dietary management of bariatric surgical candidates in an outpatient setting.
- Completion of a Didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- A master’s degree in a nutrition related field.
- Certification of training in child and adolescent weight management by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, or agreement to obtain within 6-12 months of hire.
- Documented experience working with the pediatric weight management patient population will be counted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- 32 hours per week (4 days per week)
- Mondays: 8am-6:00pm
- Tuesdays: 8am-2pm
- Wednesdays: 8am-2pm
- Fridays: 8am-6:00pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.