Under direct supervision provides general administrative and clerical support to three areas: Marketing, Live Events, and Online Resources including data entry; word processing; spreadsheet work; proofreading and editing of general communications. Arranges logistics for institute planning meetings and studio seminars. Communicates with outside contributors on behalf of the Institute. Tracks and communicates project status to multiple internal customers. Assists the live events staff at events with set-up, registration, and other duties. Acts in a back-up capacity for Institute-wide administrative support.
40% - Prepare and enter seminar information into database following ICLE’S established processes, timelines, and style guides. Ensure completeness, accuracy, cross check, and proof. Update as necessary when information changes. Track and report on status of assigned projects:
- Enter ICLE product information into a complex database and communicate completed information as needed via generated XML file and e-mail. Includes obtaining information and documents from live events staff; checking contributor information.
- Maintain accuracy of event information by staying abreast of event changes, updating the database, revising XML and communicating changes to all necessary parties.
- Serve as point of contact for latest accurate information and status of data entry for each product.
- Assist marketing department with proofreading.
15% - Manage CLE applications and documentation to deliver CLE credit to customers per ICLE’S established processes and timelines:
- Calculate Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits and enter into database.
- Prepare and submit materials for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit applications. Submit CLE pre-approval documentation to Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
- Coordinate with the business office to ensure timely and accurate payments to accreditors.
- Process customer post-event credit requests for accredited jurisdictions.
- Communicate CLE information needed to answer customer questions to customer experience staff.
- Update CLE information annually or at the direction of the Associate Director.
20% - Provide contributor support to event related contributors per ICLE’S established processes and timelines:
- Contact assigned contributors to ensure biography and photos are received.
- Circulate and ensure that contributor biographies are reviewed. Gather edits and change as needed.
- E-mail speaker biographies to moderators.
- Handle post-event seminar evaluations and ensure contributors receive their completed evaluations.
- Make hotel arrangements for studio seminar contributors in advance of planning meetings and recordings.
- Prepare and Process contributor reimbursement request forms and submit to the business office for payment. Communicate with contributors to obtain any missing documentation.
15% - Provide general clerical and meeting/event support:
- Electronically schedule planning conference calls and meetings between product planners and contributors.
- Arrange meeting logistics, including printing place cards; ordering/setting up/cleaning up food; ordering and distributing parking passes. Code, track, and submit planning meeting food invoices according to ICLE and University guidelines.
- Complete clerical tasks in preparations for events including: printing and assembling packets and name badges for moderators, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors
- Attend ICLE events as needed to assist with event set-up; customer registration; and marketing. May include overnight stays based on locations.
- Print and assemble certificate program graduation packets. Mail to recipients.
- Order office supplies needed to execute assigned tasks. Code and submit invoices.
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, mailing, shipping packages, and filing
5% - Track and communicate status and issues on projects across all responsibility areas per ICLE’S established processes and timelines:
- Track assigned tasks on appropriate associated spreadsheets. Maintain accuracy by updating daily.
- Communicate overall status via established communication processes and vehicles.
- Raise and resolve issues by keeping manager and Director of Online Resources and Publications and Education Director as needed.
- Communicate issues and status that affect marketing and design work to Marketing Manager.
5% - Other duties as Assigned:
- Serves as back-up for routine, Institute-wide administrative tasks.
- Serve on ICLE teams.
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action and Safety Programs.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent administrative assistant experience required.
Work Experience Requirements:
• 2-3 years’ experience working in an administrative or support role.
• Experience with administrative support duties, such as scheduling conference calls, arranging meetings, and coordinating timely completion of tasks/projects.
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including solid proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
• Comfort with database software and data entry under tight deadlines.
• Proven ability to work with and collaborate with others.
• Must be flexible and able to work with changing schedules.
• Able to display professionalism and courtesy in working with the public.
• Able to travel, work some evenings and weekends.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.