The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field?
Provide call center support for the West Ann Arbor Health Center. Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by facilitating business processes that result in the management of efficient patient care in a fast paced environment. Utilize standard procedures and scripting to respond to high volume telephone inquiries. Coordinate the scheduling of patient and physician appointments and referrals. Utilize superior telephone technique, customer service etiquette, and customer recovery skills to meet the individual needs of UMHS customers. Proactively serve as a liaison between customers and internal UMHS personnel to ensure adequate response and customer/patient satisfaction. Additional responsibilities include: appointment, test, and order scheduling. Navigate electronic medical record; maintain business work queues, and Inbasket management. Respond to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities. Provide general information to staff and patients.
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary.
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Candidate must be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong organization and prioritization skill; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- The selected individual must also have excellent attendance.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, proficient computer and keyboarding skills.
- Experience within an ambulatory setting.
- Experience with an electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
May include evening hours and rotating Saturdays.
As part of the orientation training process, training will be held at multiple locations for the first few months of the position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.