Provides nursing care under the direction of a registered nurse or physician in accordance with the institutional and department guidelines for female adult and pediatric patients in an Obstetrics and Gynecology and Pediatric Clinic care setting. Provides direct care including assisting and administering tests and procedures, immunizations, injections and IV infusions, patient instruction and patient flow activities. Completes clear, concise, and pertinent clinical documentation using an electronic medical record and approved templates. May obtain and record accurate/pertinent OB intake information via telephone intake visits and face-to-face visits. Assists the nursing triage function by obtaining pertinent information by phone or in person, handling prescription refills, calling patients with delegated information, etc. May facilitate completing patient or insurance required forms and authorizations. Other duties that fall within scope of practice as needed.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities, please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Practical Nursing graduate with successful completion of a pharmacology course in an accredited program.
- Current licenser to practice nursing in Michigan.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in Quality Improvement and/or LEAN initiatives.
- Proficiency with documenting care in an electronic medical record.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- One or more years of ambulatory care nursing experience in OB/GYN, Pediatric Ambulatory care experience in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Specialty care services.
- MiChart (Epic) documentation and navigation experience or other electronic medical record experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift/Days/Hours: Monday through Friday, day shift, with variable start times that may include rotated extended hours and half days on Saturday in the future.
Location: The Briarwood Center for Women, Children and Young Adults
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.