This technical position provides patient care and support to the adult hemodialysis patients according to established protocol. It is expected that this position maintain clinical expertise within our unique patient population. This position will need to work collaboratively with other health care team members.
- Initiate, monitor and terminate outpatient hemodialysis treatments.
- Completion of all required documentation.
- Accurately prepare dialysis machine according to dialysis prescription. Disinfection of dialysis equipment.
- Assist in stocking of the dialysis unit.
- Mixing of acid and bicarbonate solutions.
- Possesses knowledge of water treatment systems and troubleshoots alarm conditions.
- Responsible for collecting, spinning and packaging lab specimens.
- Communicates with appropriated nurse, physician, or PA as patient condition warrants.
- Maintain and protect patient confidentiality.
- Effectively interact with peers, patients, family and interdisciplinary team members.
- Successful completion of Hemodialysis training with satisfactory performance.
- Identifies conflict and seeks opportunities to promote resolution.
- General supervision is received from the Nurse Manager and Medical Director of the Hemodialysis unit.
- Supervision is received from a Registered Nurse or physician.
- Minimum of 12 months of hemodialysis experience required.
- BONENT or CCHT certification required.
- Demonstrated effective communication and problem solving skills.
- BCLS certification.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced 1-4 staff patient ratio as evidenced by performance reviews and reference checks.
Physical Attributes -
- This position requires moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs to perform transfer of medical supplies and patients as necessary.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.